Mighty Your Love
by Michelle Rose
What King would step from rightful throne, among the poor to live?
And die for those who cursed His love, His life a ransome give.
What Lord would lay aside His robes, to wash the feet of man?
And serve the ones who should have knelt before the Great I AM!
Great are you Lord! Mighty your love. Your mercy has rescued me.
Worthy are You, of all of our praise, my life made an offering.
The Word who formed the universe, became a Man and died.
To pay the debt caused by my sin, self righteousness and pride.
What faithful love shown by the Son, His Father's call obeyed,
To bear the wrath deserved by man, that sinners might be saved.
Great are you Lord! Mighty your love. Your mercy has rescued me.
Worthy are You, of all of our praise, my life made an offering.
There is so much to think about in these verses..."What king would step...to wash the feet of man...pay the debt caused by my sin...bear the wrath deserved by man...that sinners might be saved." That's me, I'm the sinner that Christ came to save. This song reminds me that I should be on my face before my Heavenly Father. I do not in any way deserve what he did for me. I can choose to think about, and focus on, how hard things are for me...or I can remember what Christ did, and how he suffered for my sins. It's a choice I make, an attitude that I have.
May God bring this to my mind when I forget and take for granted what Christ has done for a sinner such as I.
No comments:
Post a Comment