Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Sadness...

Today is the day my Uncle Chris died two years ago. Sadness and that "ache" in my heart just won't go away sometimes.

I've included the lyrics of a song that is very near and dear to my heart. I sang it with the Master's Chorale the day before my uncle died, which was also the day I got to see him for the last time. That day was so hard.

The King of Love My Shepherd Is
By Henry W. Baker

The King of love my shepherd is, whose goodness faileth never;
I nothing lack if I am his and he is mine forever.

Where streams of living water flow, my ransomed soul he leadeth
And, where the verdant pastures grow, with food celestial feedeth.

Perverse and foolish oft I strayed, but yet in love he sought me
And on his shoulder gently laid and home rejoicing brought me.

And so through all the length of days thy goodness faileth never.
Good Shepherd, may I sing thy praise within thy house forever.

Oh, how I love this song. I cry every time I sing it.

I just have to keep looking towards the promise of heaven...what a glorious day that will be. There will be no pain and sadness there.

1 comment:

  1. This song always makes me think of Uncle Chris too...for me it is now a bittersweet song.

    ReplyDelete