It's March 29, 2010. Hmmm...hard to believe. It seems like it was just the beginning of the new year and I had to get used to writing "2010" on everything. But then again it seems like it's been forever since the beginning of January. A lot has happened since then and there have been a lot of changes...and most of them have been hard.
I'm thinking back to this day last year...what happened then and what has happened since then. I was still in college and a lot was going on in my life. You could say there was some inner turmoil. But God is good, and so faithful. I do not deserve how He has blessed me. Now that I look back on this year, I wonder why I ever worried about what He was going to do with my life. It's actually been real helpful to go back through some journal entries, emails, and correspondence to see what I was struggling with and then how God worked everything out. It makes me ashamed that I still doubt and struggle with trusting Him. But God is at work, I just have to keep working at it.
A year ago, in looking forward to right now, I would never have imagined that things would have happened the way they have. I must admit I had some different expectations and hopes. But God's plans are not our plans, and I see now why certain things worked out the way they did (instead of going the way I wanted them to). God is sovereign and He knows what's best for my life. That is such a comforting thought to me right now. I just have to rest in that.
God has done so much in my life in the past year, and yes, I have changed. Change is often very hard, but sometimes very necessary. It's through these changes and hard things that God has drawn me closer to Himself. Even though it is hard, I know change helps me in the "becoming more like Christ" process.
May all glory be to God for what He has done in my life.
Monday, March 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment