Saturday, March 6, 2010

My Heart's Desire

"You alone are my heart's desire and I long to worship you."

We sang the song "As the Deer" at Bible study tonight, and these words from the chorus really hit me. I hadn't sung this song in a while, and I had forgotten what some of the words said. This phrase caught my attention because it's something I've been thinking about a lot lately and trying to work on. My heart's desire should be for God and worshipping Him in everything I do. Unfortunately, it's not always like that. I get distracted and let other things come into my heart and become more important than my relationship with God, and that is wrong. But singing this song tonight was a good reminder and an encouragement to me. I just have to keep working at it. I will only find true joy and fulfillment in God alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment