Thursday, March 11, 2010

New Look...

So, I was inspired by my sister's new blog to re-do the layout of my blog. When I originally made this blog I had tried putting up a picture as the heading...but it wouldn't work because of the template I had. Well, I started messing with the layout and template last week and finally figured out how to put a picture in...but then it didn't look right and was too big. So then I just decided to use a different template (this one) and make it easier to upload the picture. Anyway, I kinda like how it looks now. A little different, but nice. It's more "me" than the other one was. However, I might still mess with it some more at some point...like maybe the font...that is still not how I want it, but it's fine for now.

The picture I used for my heading is one of my favorites. Mostly because of the location, but also because it turned out "just right" (and that doesn't often happen...I'm still learning how to take good pictures). Since purchasing my camera in August of 2008, I've taken probably more than 20,000 pictures, and out of those, this is one that I love. I remember the day I took it pretty clearly. I remember standing there (on the northern shore of the Sea of Galilee) and thinking that I wished people from back home (like my family and close friends) could be there to see it and share the experience with me. Well, since they couldn't, I decided that I would try to capture the beauty and tranquility of that spot as best as I could. Pictures never do justice to God's beautiful and amazing creation...but they can at least help capture the idea. Anyway, since this blog is about me, I thought I'd use a picture of a place that I love.

1 comment: