For me, last week started with going back to working 40+ hours after having a two week break from one of my jobs. While I wasn't so thrilled about working so many hours again, I was very grateful for the break that I did get and for the things I was able to do on my break. The time off also helped remotivate and energize me for working again, so that was good. : -)
Tuesday was an interesting day. I have mixed feelings about that day. It was a momentous day because I won a handball game completely by "accident" against someone who is creating a track record for themselves of suddenly losing their talents in the handball hitting department when it comes down to just two people. Hmmm...it's ridiculous really. And then there was the hard part of saying goodbye to a friend that was leaving. I really hate saying goodbye, it's a hard thing to do. And this is where the change comes in...some things will be different for a while.
Thursday was tough because I ended up working 13 hours straight that day. I didn't get home until 9:30 pm, and boy was I tired out. But looking at the positive side of things, we were able to get everything done and ready for the CEF state leadership meeting that started the next day.
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday were pretty great because I got to spend the whole time with Shaina and Angela...two of my favorite people! : -) We had a lot of fun together and it was nice being able to encourage one another. We made some great memories and had some exciting adventures together...it was great! Plus, Angela and I got a bonus...we saw a "falling star"...now what could be better than that? ; -) It was pretty cool.
We also got to see our two friends get married, so that was exciting. And it was nice catching up with old friends that we hadn't seen in a while. Their wedding was nice, and one thing I appreciate so much is that it was a marriage between two Christians. There is just such a difference between a wedding of non-Christians and of Christians. I am very much encouraged when I see a union made between two people who want to serve God together.
And then we also randomly decided to stop in San Francisco for a little while on our way back home. Personally, I thought the bridge (not the golden gate one...the other one) over the bay was pretty neat, it kinda reminded me of another one as we drove over it. Oh yeah, and I liked treasure island too (even though we didn't get to stop)...seems to me there's something similar at Disneyland. I also took a bunch of pictures, but what's new.
You know, it's amazing how God uses other people (friends, family, etc.) to help you with something or to maybe teach you something. Right when you're having a hard time, He provides a source of encouragement. Our roadtrip was a source of encouragement for me.
Hmmm...so the week went by, some things were good, some things were not as good, and some things changed. I just need to remember the faithfulness of God and His control over every situation. He is my hope and my strength, I must keep my eyes on Him, because He is the only one who can sustain me.
No comments:
Post a Comment