Monday, January 4, 2010

2010...A New Year

It's hard to believe it's the year Two Thousand and Ten. I look back over the last 22 years and think that it's gone by pretty quick and it's hard to believe it's been that long. But then again, I look back and think that my teenage years were such a long time ago, so much has happened since then. Hmmm...it's weird how life works sometimes.

So...I decided to start this blog because of a new year resolution. I have resolved to journal more, and so I figured this would be a good way to do so. Plus, I can put lots of pictures on here if I want to. : -)

There's just something about writing everything down and just getting it out of your system that just helps somehow. It's kind of like when you want to tell someone something real bad, but you can't because they're not around, so you just have to write it down instead. It's not as nice, but it still helps.

Besides talking to a friend about things, or writing things down, running is another way I let things out of my system and take time to think. Maybe I'm weird, but running really helps me a lot. If I can go for a 20 - 30 minute run and just think through things, it clears my head and gives me a new perspective. One thing that comes to mind, is that towards the end of my run I'm getting tired, but I have to continue to push myself to finish and make it home. In a similar way, sometimes I face hard or challenging things in my life, but if I'm looking towards Christ and pushing myself to continue even though it's hard, I can make it. I just have to remember that God is the source of my strength, both physically when I run and spiritually when I am running life's race.

I shall end with my other new year resolutions/goals for this coming year.

- Be more diligent with daily Bible reading and time with God
- Spend more time in prayer for others
- Be more disciplined in my daily schedule
- Find ways to serve others more (having the heart and attitude of a servant)
- Find joy in the things I have to do right now (like working)
- Be more cheerful and positive with everything
- Be more consistent and diligent in physical activity (running, etc.)
- Run another 5K with a better time than before
- Become a better photographer

By God's grace, I shall strive towards these goals.

1 comment:

  1. Jennifer,
    Score! I get to the first to comment on your blog! Do I get a prize? I hope I don't spell something wrong. I think it's very brave of you to start a blog and put up your new year resolutions. Thanks for doing it. I pray that, by God's grace, you will attain your God given goals. 2 Timothy 2:11-13, keep your eyes on that prize, because he remains faithful.
    Brett

    ReplyDelete